With week 10 coming to a close, there’s one thing that is on everyone’s mind: home. Whether you are looking forward to a home-cooked meal or just sleeping, there’s something to look forward to. Along with all of this, comes the fact that you’ll be home for about 45 days. Maybe you’re planning on completing an internship at your local news station or exploring your town or a new country. Well, if you’re planning on traveling, consider keeping a travel blog & maybe even get paid for doing it!
Here are my tips for making a successful travel blog:
- Search the Internet for travel blogs that inspire you. Find a topic that really interests you!
- Research the area that you are going to & figure out what places you want to go. It may seem really simple, but you want to be prepared. See if anyone has ever filmed or conducted interviews in that area. Based on this, you can figure out what angle you want to look into.
- Find the writers of the blogs you like & email them. You can also follow them on Twitter. They may be able to critique your blog or even put a link to your blog on their website! Find out if they will let you be a contributing writer to their website and you may even get the chance to get paid for it!
- Get the right equipment ready now. Even if you don’t have a professional camera, consider getting a Flip camera or a camera with a good video feature on it. Also, now may be a good time to invest in Final Cut Pro. With FCP, you could upload your video to YouTube and maybe even pitch it to travel blogs that way.
- Make a blog now before you start traveling so you can record your initial thoughts & what you are going to focus on. Put it on your Facebook & Twitter and let people know a about, so they can follow you on your journey! You can make a blog on BlogSpot or WordPress.
With these tips in mind, you should be well on your way to making a good travel blog! Good luck studying for your finals & when you take a break, go ahead and create your blog so you’re ready to record your travels!